OCTOBER 5 – OCTOBER 17, 2015
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS: WVWC 2015 ALUMNI BIENNIAL
The West Virginia Wesleyan Art Department is sponsoring an Alumni Biennial exhibition at the Sleeth Gallery from October 5 – October 17, 2015. A closing reception will be held on October 16 as part of the 2015 Homecoming festivities.
All Art Department Alumni are invited to submit one (1) work to be included in the exhibition. All media are welcome, including (but not limited to): drawing, painting, ceramics, sculpture, graphic design, multimedia, photography, performance and printmaking. If you have questions or concerns about a specific work, please contact the gallery director via email at email@example.com.
October 1: All entries must arrive at the gallery by this date
October 5: Exhibition opens
October 16 (time TBA): Homecoming reception
October 17 (after 5:00pm) – October 18: Work available for pick-up
October 19–23: Return of shipped artwork
All works must be received by no later than October 1 for guaranteed inclusion. Please ship all works to the following address:
Phil McCollam, Director
ATTN: 2015 Alumni Show
59 College Ave #1728
Buckhannon, WV 26201
For all works, please include the following information on a piece of paper or card attached to the back of the piece:
• Your name
• Year graduated
• Title of the work
• Contact information (email address preferred)
*All artists are allowed to sell their works during the entirety of the exhibition, and the Gallery does not take a commission for sales. All sales will be handled by the artist; potential buyers will be given the contact information of the artist to arrange details.
SHIPPING / INSURANCE
It is the artist’s responsibility to deliver and pick-up their artwork according to the above schedule. Artists shipping their work must pre-pay return shipment and provide all necessary labels and paperwork. All items will be returned in their original packaging. Artists must provide their own insurance during transit. The college insures artwork upon receipt until picked up by the artist or artist’s authorized representative on designated date. The artist will be notified upon receipt of the artwork if art gallery personnel feel the piece cannot be insured due to its condition, structure, fragility, etc.
PRESENTATION OF 2D ARTWORK
• All entries must be mounted and/or framed according to professional standards.
• All entries must be wired or have saw-tooth picture frame hangers; flat works (unframed) will be hung using binder clips.
• Works that need special hanging requirements should be discussed in advance with the exhibition coordinator.
PRESENTATION OF 3D ARTWORK
The Sleeth Gallery has a selection of pedestals available. Works that need special installation or display requirements should be discussed in advance with the exhibition coordinator.
PRESENTATION OF MULTIMEDIA WORKS
• A selection of computers and monitors will be available for displaying multimedia works, including sound, video or web-based content.
• Please send video works as .mov files on CD or DVD.
• Internet connections in the gallery are inconsistent. If connectivity is important to the success of your work, please understand that there may be limitations to technology. Please contact the gallery director with any specific questions you may have.